Years ago, gender roles were clearly defined and this made dating so much easier. A man would court a woman and both people would understand that ultimately the relationship would turn into marriage. But, we are living in a post-women’s rights movement and men and women have evolved socially, which makes dating much more complicated.
Opposed to traditional courtship practices, we are now “hanging out” or “hooking up,” and getting intimate with a guy doesn’t mean exclusivity or a sacred bond.
Many people think that this shift in dating is a step in the right direction, even though there are times when men are completely perplexed by the prospect of figuring out what a woman wants.
Here are nine ways to date a woman who is worthy of your time.
- Be yourself – If you are meeting women online, you will want to portray yourself as accurately as possible. This means be exactly who you say you are. You would be surprised by how surprised she will be once she learns that you really are the person you say you are.
- Be a gentleman – You want to treat the woman that you want to date with the same courtesy, respect, and honor that you would your mother, your daughter, or your sister. This means to respect their values, look your best, behave appropriately, and be well mannered. This also means to take th
- Have integrity – Be honest and straightforward. If you really like her, you should be happy to see her again. If you don’t want to see her again, don’t beat around the bush or worse, ignore her. Be straight forward and let her know that you think it is best if you don’t see each other again.
- Ask her out first – When you are pursuing a woman who makes big decisions every day, you’ll find that she will want a man to take the lead when it comes to her everyday life. So this means if you are waiting for her to ask you out, you’re going to be waiting a while. Man up and ask her out already!
- Be open to who she is – You should be more aware of who she is as a person, rather than wondering what size her bra is or what she looks like without her clothing on. You’ll want to focus on her personality, her intellect, and even her quirks. Appearance is only part of the package—remember that.
- Be thoughtful – Women love a man who pays attention to her and takes note of her feelings. By being thoughtful, you are letting her know that you care about her and you want to do what you can to show her that she is special to you.
- Be patient – Patience is a virtue, especially when it comes to dating. While you may want to jump into a serious relationship rather quickly, it doesn’t always work that way. Take your time and get to know her. You’ll find that your patience will make the connection between you two that much stronger.
- Balance your life – If you really like a woman, it is natural that you’ll want to spend a lot of time with her. While this is an endearing thought, you don’t want to focus so much time on her that you start to alienate your friends and family and even neglect your own passions. Find a nice balance where you can fit her into your life without losing touch with who you are.
- Get out of your own way – Take responsibility for your side of the relationship. This means if you notice certain things you do that tend to irritate women that you’re dating, you’ll want to nip it in the bud.